sharing knowledge; enhancing wellbeing.
If you are ready for an amazing, balanced, and healthy breakfast, look no further! This banana breakfast bake is a hit for adults and kids alike… and, best of all, it’s healthy, GMO-free, and allergy-friendly! Bananas are filled with potassium, iron, vitamin A, vitamin B, and tryptophan (the precursor to serotonin, the neurtotransmitter that regulates mood, sleep and so much more!). This lovely, fiber-packed fruit also provides tons of brain and body energy, and bowel regularity. The other ingredients also offer brain boosting power (almonds), protein for sustainability (goat yogurt), fiber for satiety and balance (oats), stabilized blood sugar (cinnamon), and even anti-bacterial and anti-viral benefits (coconut and coconut oil and raw, organic honey). So, what’s left to do but enjoy this amazing, easy breakfast?
Let’s put it together!
1) Pre-heat the over to 350°
2) In a small baking dish (glass or ceramic), add the following:
3) Heat the above ingredients for 30 seconds; whisk melted ingredients together
4) Slice 2-3 organic bananas and add to the honey/oil mixture
5) Cover with organic oats (we used gluten-free so we could enjoy the benefits of oats without the inflammatory properties of unnecessary gluten)
6) Juice an organic orange, add juice (and pulp if you prefer) to the baking dish; fold to cover oats and bananas with liquid
7) Sprinkle cinnamon and cardamon to taste
8) Bake for 15-20 minutes
9) Scoop plain goat yogurt into a bowl(we like low-lactose dairy without inflammatory casein or GMO hormones, which is why goat yogurt is perfect)
10) Top with baked banana mix, chopped organic, raw almonds (we put whole almonds in our food processor and pulsed until we reached desired consistency), and shredded organic coconut
11) Be grateful for the gift of a simple and healthy banana breakfast (that everyone in the family will love)!